7.10.2005

blessed are You

This morning in church I was reading in Revelation (I often read the bible during uninspiring sermons), and came across these lines that reminded me of my thoughts a couple days ago:

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty...

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead... (Rev 1.8,17)


And one of the Sunday songs I chant has the same feel. It's from an apocryphal part of Daniel:
Then the three, as with one mouth, praised and glorified and blessed God in the furnace, saying:





"Blessed art thou, O Lord, God of our fathers,
and to be praised and highly exalted for ever;
And blessed is thy glorious, holy name
and to be highly praised and highly exalted for ever;
Blessed art thou in the temple of thy holy glory
and to be extolled and highly glorified for ever.

Blessed art thou, who sittest upon cherubim
and lookest upon the deeps,
and to be praised and highly exalted for ever.

Blessed art thou upon the throne of thy kingdom
and to be extolled and highly exalted for ever.

Blessed art thou in the firmament of heaven
and to be sung and glorified for ever..."