4.04.2010

an open door?

Tomorrow I and a couple of the teenagers here are going with a neighboring church's youth group to Chicago. To visit some inner city ministries and do a little volunteer work. (The program is called DOOR.) When I was asked to go along, I wasn't so enthusiastic at first. But then I realized that the church we'll be staying at in Chicago is First Church of the Brethren, on the near west side.

About a year ago I'd tried to contact the pastor of that church, because of a couple good recommendations, to see if they might like to send people from their community to our retreats here. But I hadn't had much luck connecting with him then, and had pretty much given up. When I called him last week, though, he was quite willing to meet with me when we're visiting his church. So maybe God is opening a door again that I thought was closed.