4.02.2010

for good friday

Yesterday evening Heather and I led the celebration of Jesus' last supper. We used the same service we put together last year. Maybe we'll keep using it every year.

After the foot washing as people came in, four different people read John 13.12-17, John 12.24-26, John 17.20-22, and then Luke 22.19-27 before communion. And at the end of communion, each of those readers said lines from their passages like this:


Unless a grain of wheat falls and dies, it remains alone

Do you know what I have done for you?

This is my body, which is given for you

That you may all be one

Let the greatest among you become as the youngest

That you may all be one

And the leader as one who serves

For I have given you an example, that you should also do as I have done to you

I. your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet

I am among you as one who serves

And where I am, there my servant will be also

That you may all be one

If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them