6.28.2008

"all you who are weary and burdened"

Because of a mix-up, I'm putting together worship for tomorrow. I thought an emphasis on rest would be appropriate, after the busyness of the festival and a month of strawberry harvest. We'll use Taizé music (maybe "In God alone" for the psalm).

If some others will help me, I'd like to read from Matthew 11 with three other voices interjecting words as I read. Like this:

At that time Jesus said,
"I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned..."
the capable
the established
those in charge
"...and revealed them to little children."
the weak
the useless
the dependent
"Yes, Father. For this was your good pleasure."


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened..."
you responsible ones
you owners
you managers
"...and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you...
put down your own heavy yoke
"...and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

"For my yoke is easy and my burden light."