1.27.2007

pass the salad




After yesterday's post, I thought I should mention that I do think the environmental movement has many valid concerns. Their critique of the destructive practices of people in industrially-developed countries is especially important. And while I don't think Jesus had the same basis for his morality (which contrasts most noticeably at points like the one I mentioned yesterday), I do think that following Jesus closely will lead to a lifestyle that most environmentalists would approve of. Less consumption and hoarding, less wastefulness, more sharing of resources and space, more care for those who share the world with us, especially the disadvantaged...

And if our talks with the folks at Plow Creek farm go well, Heather and I might eventually be living on an organic farm, eating vegetables and meat that we helped raise (practically in our back yard).

Yum.