3.01.2006

on the right track

It was great to see Heather's smiling face when I arrived at the train station in Champaign. And when we got back to the house, she showed me the latest letter from the Mahoneys (the couple that run the retreat place in Virginia; I had written them a long letter before I left describing my thoughts on 12-step spirituality). Near the end of their letter were these encouraging lines:

You ask if we think you are on the right track. And as it seems to us you are on the same track that we are on we can only give a resounding YES. But, more, Paul. Because all that you have recently shared echoes where we are at and points in the same direction we are headed it really does begin to point to the idea that the Lord may be calling us to walk together in community and ministry.
It looks that way to me too.