6.07.2005

"even there your hand will lead me"

This morning I sat on my parents' porch (in Florida) and watched the sun rise over the pasture where four horses grazed together. And read these verses from Psalm 139:

You search out my path and my lying down,
and are acquainted with all my ways.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there your hand will lead me,
and your right hand will hold me.

That's very important to me as Heather and I leave the place that has been secure for us for the last (almost) three years. And I'll be hitting the road again soon.

Sunday, we said goodbye at church and gave them a (much enlarged) copy of this Calvin and Hobbes comic strip (with the reference Lk 12.22-31):