2.21.2007

I love Heather Munn

Je l'aime à la folie!

Yesterday, a month after Heather returned from a seven month trip to Nigeria, two weeks after our visit to Plow Creek to propose opening a retreat house for the poor there, and one week after they warmly embraced the idea and invited us to move there this summer... Heather asked me to marry her.

It was so easy to say yes. I'd been deeply in love with her for years already. But I had been concerned about how a family might be provided for, whether I could feel good about inviting a wife and children into the life of faith and risk that I had entered, following Jesus. I felt like I needed to wait for explicit permission from God, a concrete sign that he was making a way for us. The astonishingly warm welcome from Plow Creek seemed to be that sign. So we step forward together with great confidence in our Father, and great joy.

This morning, I came upon these words at the beginning of Matthew 22:
Again Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a marriage feast for his son..."