2.05.2007

Heather's letter

Dear friends,

Thank you for praying!

We had the meeting at Plow Creek Saturday morning, and... all I can say is that it was extremely positive. I walked out of it thinking, Wow, I didn't know it would look so much like a win-win situation. This ministry may actually be a very good fit for Plow Creek. (And that's something subtly yet importantly different from saying that Plow Creek is a good place for the ministry.)

There has been no decision, of course, and the decision may take a long time. And yet people's comments were positive, some of them very positive, and these are not knee-jerk reaction people. They have lived on this land for a long time and built up a strong community and farm and they haven't done it by trying every single new idea that came along. So... Paul and I are very encouraged.

And it's such a wonderful place... when I think of my kids growing up in a place where they can run in the woods and dip their feet in the creek, that just makes me so happy. And helping on the farm, which we plan to do, and eating fresh food we've grown ourselves, and serving that same food to the guests who come for retreats... not to mention how much we enjoy the people here. And how good some of them can be for the retreatants and for us. Speaking of which, I'd better end this email, because we're still out at Plow Creek, and some friends invited us for supper, and it's time to go...

I love you all!
Heather


"So, my friends, every day do something that won't compute.
Love the Lord. Love the world. Work for nothing...
Be joyful, though you have considered all the facts."
—Wendell Berry