10.12.2007

"Let brotherly love continue..."

Just got this surprising (and encouraging) e-mail from the pastor of a church we visited several weeks ago...

Brother Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me with the overview of your pilgrimage. I shared a message from Hebrews 13:1-3 about God's Call in the life of a Believer ["Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them; and those who are ill-treated, since you also are in the body."]. This message really hit home to a lot of people as I explained to them the reasoning behind the message.

You see, I am the pastor of the church that you and your wife visited back in September in Lake Wylie, SC. It was my wife that would not give permission for you two to stay there. I did not find out about the situation till the next day as no one called to inform me of the request.

I had not thought anything else about this till someone showed me where you had blogged about the situation. God used this to really burden me about the missed opportunities Christians have to do ministry and also how some people give up everything, just to reach certain people groups. I admire and praise God for you and your new bride for living the life of those you seek to reach.

I would like to ask if you are ever coming through this area again, I would love for you and your wife to share with our church family. If I can ever be of assistance feel free to call. [His phone number was included.]

In His Service,

Brother Jerry