6.02.2009

"he will teach you all things"

We're leading worship this Sunday and plan to use this reading (and discuss it afterwards):

"Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
not like the covenant which I made with their fathers
when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt,
my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband,
says the LORD.

"But this is the covenant which I will make
with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD:
I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts;
and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

"I will pray the Father,
and he will give you another Counselor,
to be with you for ever,
even the Spirit of truth...
he will teach you all things,
and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."

"And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor
and each his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'
for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,
says the LORD."

The anointing which you received from him abides in you,
and you have no need that any one should teach you;
as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true...
just as it has taught you, abide in him.

(Jer 31.31-34; Jn 14.16-17,26; 1 Jn 2.27)

Also, before communion, we're going to play the Agnus Dei by the psalters ( hear it here). The lyrics (in Latin) mean:
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.